Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Radiation

 Since my last post, I have finished chemotherapy and begun radiation. 

I was suppose to receive 12 treatments of chemo, but during my 8th visit,  the Dr. decided to stop all treatment because my neuropathy was so bad (numbness in hands in feet). He was afraid that if we continued, the neuropathy would become permanent. My parents were out of town and I'd planned on going to that 8th visit alone. Thank the Lord, my BFF was in town and asked to go with me. Since it was my last chemo visit, I got to ring the bell to signify the end....and I didnt have to do that alone!

I waited 4 weeks with no kind of treatment, in order to allow my body to heal and side effects to alleviate. Then, on Nov 8th, I started my first radiation treatment. I go every day M-F for a 30 min appt to receive radiation to my chest (for a total of 6 weeks).

My first week is complete and so far no side effects. They say after 2 weeks I'll start noticing skin changes (redness, irritation, etc) and fatigue will set in. 

The emotional side of cancer is starting to creep in. I'm finding myself crying more. Added to that I get S.A.D. every winter. Prayers for my emotional well being would be appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment