Friday, July 9, 2021

Second chemo

 July 6th I had my second round of AC chemo (Adriamycin and cytoxin). I entered the appointment with a migraine that increasingly got worse. To the point where they didnt want to treat me and wanted to post-pone the chemo. They said all my vitals and blood work were good, so I told them to proceed. They pumped me full of nausea meds and steroids, which weren't helping, and gave me tylenol. I had a reaction to 1 or more of the drugs, and had to get a dose of benadryl, then more steroids. These 2 drugs combined knocked me out for a couple hours and when I finally woke up the migraine was gone. This treatment was suppose to take 2.5hrs. But with all the complications I was there for 5hrs and was one of the last patients to leave. 

Good news is, my recovery this time is going much better so far. No bone pain so far and less nausea.

Keep praying and keeping sending those Support Squad photos, my next chemo is July 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment